ColdStardust

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ColdStardust
ColdStardust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ColdStardust

This is my blog/forum for posting pretty much anything.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video: "(NES) Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (E): Game Over Speedrun 28"61 (TAS)"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Madison

Madison
Admin

Link to the video itself can be found here.

Video Information:
Application/Program/Device Used to Record: VirtuaNES 0.93
Category: Gaming
Console: NES
Emulator: VirtuaNES 0.93
Frames: 2066
Player: Madison
Rerecords: 550
Tool-Assisted
Video File Format: .avi
YouTube Video Length: 1:55Link to the video itself can be found here.

Video Information:
Application/Program/Device Used to Record: VirtuaNES 0.93
Category: Gaming
Console: NES
Emulator: VirtuaNES 0.93
Frames: 2066
Player: Madison
Rerecords: 550
Tool-Assisted
Video File Format: .avi
YouTube Video Length: 1:55

My Commentary:
Basic Information:
This was made a very long time ago, although it is a world record right now and I assume it is fully optimized. I used the European version of the game (just like all of my other NES TASes so far unfortunately) because VirtuaNES 0.93 will not allow you to use US versions of games as far as I can tell, so I´m going to have to redo the TAS on FCEUX for the US version whenever I can get the damn TAS editor to work.
I used to use a shitty emulator called VirtuaNES 0.93 to TAS, and I regret it now, although I still save some of the TASes I made using it just to bring back memories. :3
Explanation:
This is a tool-assisted speedrun. The goal of a Game Over Speedrun/TAS is to get to the Game Over screen as quickly as possible in a game.
I choose the name "A" for my character because it is the first letter that is listed in the characters, AND since the name is just one character, it will save time with all text scrolling in which the text includes your name. It is possible to skip giving your character a name, although it will not just give you no name, so unfortunately, you can´t save another few frames like this. The game instead gives you the name "BAMBOO.7", and don´t ask me where in hell that means or where it comes from, but that´s what they name you, therefore the text scrolling will be much slower.
The best route for a Game Over TAS/Speedrun for this game is to go to Pirate Island, because it is the fastest level in which to get simultaneous deaths. Comparing it to:
Autopia: Too much text and you have to jump off of a platform each time. Plus it´s a longer walk.
Space Mountain: Too much text and you have to mess up on the first 3 arrows as fast as possible, which is also pretty slow.
Thunder Mountain: This idea is just ridiculous. Way too long of a walk. It takes like 15 seconds just to die once in the level because of where all of the platforms are located. Definitely a no!
Ghost House: The nearest death IS very close and the text IS fast, although there is just one problem. DEATHS DON´T EVEN COUNT IN THIS LEVEL! Total fail!
Therefore, Pirate Island is the fastest level for a Game Over TAS/Speedrun!
I can tell that there is a slight difference in some of the suicides in this TAS, but they are very hard to tell. Maybe I´m mistaken, although I think that this is true, and that this TAS can be improved by just a few frames! One of the reasons it is inefficient to TAS with VirtuaNES 0.93 because it has no frame counter! This may be part of the reason why I missed some frames. Although, don´t just think this was a lazy, uncalculated TAS. I actually counted the frames in my head, and did pretty well on most of them. I do that a lot with VirtuaNES 0.93.

To view ColdStardust´s previous available video on YouTube that has a representing discussion, click here, or click here instead to view its discussion on this forum.
To view ColdStardust´s next available video on YouTube that has a representing discussion, click here, or click here instead to view its discussion on this forum.

Have you ever felt attracted to an animated character? Did you ever think a character was just so cute or so sexy you just wanted to squeeze them? Ever wished you could tell people this, but you thought people would think you were crazy? Well, check out the forum just for you, Cartoon Crushes, at http://cartooncrushes.forumotion.com/ my friend!

Here you can register for free just by pressing the Register button.
If you´re going to make an account, PLEASE POST SOMETHING! Seriously, we´re tired of account wasters.
Anyway, have fun!

https://coldstardust.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum