ColdStardust

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ColdStardust
ColdStardust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ColdStardust

This is my blog/forum for posting pretty much anything.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video: "(GBA) Pokémon: Leaf Green Version (US): Cancelled WIP (TAS)"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Madison

Madison
Admin

Link to the video itself can be found here.

Video Information:
Application/Program/Device Used to Record: VBA 21
Category: Gaming
Console: GBA
Emulator: VBA 21
Frames: Unknown
Player: Madison
Rerecords: Unknown
Tool-Assisted
Video File Format: .avi
YouTube Video Length: 1:55

My Commentary:
Basic Information:
This was made a very long time ago. I was going to make a TAS of Pokémon: Leaf Green Version as you can see, although MKDasher has already completed his full TAS of Pokémon: Fire Red Version which is basically the same game but with a few version differences. In fact, I believe that Fire Red is faster than Leaf Green. I called it canceled, because there´s no point in making ANOTHER TAS of the game, despite the fact that I am using a different version, unless of course I found some improvements, which for me, I doubt that´s going to happen, especially anytime soon.
VBA 21 is an okay emulator. It is lacking in the fact that it does not have a memory address view function as far as I´m concerned. There are more advanced versions out there, although it is not horrible.
Explanation:
This is a tool-assisted speedrun. In the very beginning, you notice that I pressed the button that makes a noise. If I could make a TAS of this game, I would repeatedly press the button for entertainment. In fact, I´m sort of upset with MKDasher for not doing so in his TAS of Fire Red, because it would´ve added a small spice of entertainment to the run.
My biggest error, and I have no idea why this happened, is that there was an error message that popped up on the screen before the instructions. It takes away more time, and it is useless, but at the time I didn´t know how to get rid of the message. It had something to do with my emulator. I´m not sure, but when I used the emulator later, it did not have this problem.
I named all of my characters A because that saves the most time, although I could have picked T for some of them as well for entertainment and so the viewer could tell characters apart, since selecting T would have taken the same amount of time as selecting A because there are the same delays in the input.
One of the main problems with this WIP was that I never thought of getting "my Pokémon´s best stats", so I just jumped straight through everything not knowing there was any delay in the beginning in order to get my Pokémon better stats. I could have waited and made my character a girl and changed the color of the lines and all that other jazz that MKDasher does.
Another notable mistake in the run, which would have made a HUGE MISERABLE SUFFER if I had taken this TAS even 30 minutes further was that I picked Bulbasaur as my primary Pokémon! Squirtle is the most efficient because most of the enemies that can be defeated, necessary and functions that can be used, and other related things are all to the highest advantage compared to Bulbasaur and Squirtle. I just assumed that since Bulbasaur was the closest to "A" and saved a couple frames of time would save time for the whole TAS, which was stupid.
Dismissing the fact that I chose Bulbasaur, in the case that I was to choose Bulbasaur, I made an error in timing. It had not occurred to me that I could have just pressed right to collect the Pokéball, although I had to go down and right to collect it. That was stupid also, and I should have thought more before I made that decision, although maybe some of the few viewers of this video assumed that the "mistake" was actually done on purpose because of the delays for the stats. Or maybe they were smart enough to realize that it was just a dumb mistake, because the rest of the run didn´t have any delays for the stats. Although whatever.
Point still standing. This TAS is CANCELLED, and it´s not coming back, so R.I.P. shithole Leaf Green TAS!!!!!!!!!

To view ColdStardust´s previous available video on YouTube that has a representing discussion, click here, or click here instead to view its discussion on this forum.
To view ColdStardust´s next available video on YouTube that has a representing discussion, click here, or click here instead to view its discussion on this forum.

Have you ever felt attracted to an animated character? Did you ever think a character was just so cute or so sexy you just wanted to squeeze them? Ever wished you could tell people this, but you thought people would think you were crazy? Well, check out the forum just for you, Cartoon Crushes, at http://cartooncrushes.forumotion.com/ my friend!

Here you can register for free just by pressing the Register button.
If you´re going to make an account, PLEASE POST SOMETHING! Seriously, we´re tired of account wasters.
Anyway, have fun!

https://coldstardust.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum